History of ICFSA
Indian Criminology & Forensic Science Association was founded in 2012 with 7 members. Today, ICFSA has more than 100 members from the fields of criminology, forensic science, psychology and law. We aspire to excel as a valuable, effective and influential organization advancing criminology & forensic science for the betterment of the society. Our strategic goals is to expand criminology’s & forensic science’s role in advancing Criminal Justice system.
Our mission is to advance the creation, communication and application of criminology & forensic science knowledge to benefit society and improve people’s lives. We do this by:
- Promoting high standards in the practice and education of Criminology & Forensic Science in India.
- Enhancing job opportunities for the qualified hands in Criminology and Forensic Science.
- Bringing together all scientific personnel who are actively interested in the practice of Criminology & Forensic Science in India in one corporate body.
- Facilitating the exchange of experiences so as to improve the standard of practice and promoting research activities in Criminology & Forensic Science.
- Promoting publication of scientific literature pertaining to Criminology & Forensic Science practice or research.
- Giving expert consultation facilities in the field of Criminology & Forensic Science.
- Studying the social problems, crimes and the procedural lacuna if any, with special emphasis on Forensic Science & Criminology.
- Representing the problems and issues related to the field of Criminology & Forensic Science to appropriate authorities in the Government and obtain redresses of such grievances.
- Seeking legal remedy on any problem of general nature faced by any or all members or the general public in the interest of justice.
- Establishing and maintaining liaison with other Societies or organized bodies in India or abroad whose
objects are in keeping with those of the Association.
“Enhance Criminology & Forensic Science… Ensure Justice”